Sunday, August 8, 2010

26 hours/day

Ok, after the depressing post yesterday, this time I'll post something brighter (brighter than last time at least)

Today, my uncle's family came, brought his wife and my cute baby cousin. This of course mucked up my daily nap time (Nap time's the most important!!). In the end, I chose to watch TV, which then led me to this funny TV program called '26 hours/day'.

This Japanese show is about how to make the most in just a short time. The idea is in this era people have so many activities that 24 hours are not quite enough. Therefore, this show gives us many unique ideas of how to do something by using 'short cut'.

Quite interesting, I may say. One of the performers showed how to prepare 'Party Cuisine', which usually need hours to prepare, in just 20 minutes. I can understand the appeal of this show for the Japanese. They are famous for valuing their time after all (or so I think), which then led me to think: Why can't Indonesian people be like that?

'Time is money' is the slogan of that program. Quite a famous proverb which has been proven true in many occasions.

Following that proverb, if time is money, then Indonesian people's habit of wasting time means wasting money, right?

No wonder our country is still 'not prosper' yet...

Promise to myself: I'll try to respect the time better, for change can only be started from yourself, right ;-)

1 comment:

  1. i like it very much... but, i have watched it for only 2 times.. hiks...hiks.. where can i download it? hehe.....

    ReplyDelete