Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm really fortunate to be an Indonesian because...

Okay, because of the depressing state of this country these days, I think I need to write some positive views of Indonesia.

Let's get started!

I'm really fortunate to be an Indonesian because in Indonesia...

1. I can get 'Angkot' (one of public transportation in the form of car) everywhere! Seriously! I need not find a 'halte' (similar with bus stop) or something to find 'Angkot', I just need to wave my hand, and... voila! the Angkot will stop in front of me, no matter where I am.

2. We have batik!! Yai!! no matter what other countries said, batik is ours!

3. The people are not that 'police happy' (I said that in the same sense with 'trigger happy'). I've heard someone (I don't wanna tell names) said that in other country, all matter is solved with law (and it includes police and lawyer). For example, when a baby's crying all night, the neighbors will easily call cops and sue you. Hmm... so extreme... [Btw, is that true? Can someone confirm this and tell me?]

4. We can hear 'Adzan' easily!! My CCU (Cross Cultural Understanding) teacher said that in Kuala Lumpur (if I'm not mistaken), the Mosques are not allowed to sound 'Adzan' loudly. Therefore, we have to know the time to 'Sholat' ourselves!

5. Pirate videos/CDs/DVDs can be easily found. *a bit ashamed, yet secretly happy*

6. We have specific offices for 'photocopy services'! I have heard that in most countries, we have to do photocopy ourselves. Imagine when you have to photocopy documents or something into thousands of copies...

7. There's no Animal Control. I'd be sad if all of the cats that roam around my house disappeared

8. ??

Okay, I think that's all for now. I'll add more if I have some more ideas.

Btw, if someones (especially those from outside Indonesia) disagree with any of these, please tell me, coz I don't want to accidentally insult someones/some countries.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment